First Trimester Abortion
First trimester abortion from 3 to 13 weeks
At Little Rock Family Planning Services we offer early abortion care by vacuum aspiration in the first trimester.
An early in-clinic abortion is performed under local anesthesia. Nitrous oxide is commonly, known as "laughing gas" and is made available for relaxation and pain relief. Intravenous conscious sedation is optional and made available at a modest extra fee.
The average length of time you will spend in our clinic is 2 to 4 hours. We can achieve this short stay by scheduling individual appointments throughout the day. We strive to provide individual and private care.
You must call (501) 225-3836 for an appointment – State of Arkansas 72 Hour Waiting Period requires (2) visits.
Day 1 - your first visit
- You will meet with one of our physicians to review state required information, including the risks of continuing a pregnancy and the risks of abortion.
- 72 hours later you will return to begin your abortion.
Day 2 - your early first trimester abortion
- Plan on being at our clinic for 2-4 hours
- You should be feeling well-enough and able to drive your own car, if you elect not to receive sedation.
- However, if you choose to be sedated during your procedure -- you MUST have a driver.
- Clinic Visit
- Exam and Ultrasound
- Abortion Procedure
How to prepare for your abortion on day 2
- Take any of your prescribed medications as you normally would.
- If you are asthmatic bring your inhaler when you come for your appointment.
- You may eat a very light breakfast like toast or crackers and only clear liquid (water, Sprite or 7-Up) until 8 AM.
- If your appointment is after 12 PM you may eat normally until 8 AM and clear liquids until 10 AM.
- Wear comfortable clothing and underwear that can support a maxi pad.
- Children and infants are not allowed in the clinic. This is a courtesy to other patients and a safety protocol.
- Bring state or government issued Photo ID.
- Acceptable Payments -- cash, MasterCard, Visa or Discover. Cardholder must be present with their picture ID if they wish to pay.
- Patients receiving sedation must remove all nail polish, acrylic or overlay from the middle finger on your right hand.
LRFP is a proud member of the National Abortion Federation ("NAF") — an organization that sets national standards for abortion care and Abortion Care Network ("ACN") — provides independent providers with tools and resources to keep exceptional, patient-centered abortion care available.
Why Choose LRFPS
Abortion is legal (allowed) in the State of Arkansas. Patients must receive state-directed counseling and wait 72 hours before having an abortion.
In addition, we have a team of very experienced physicians that are all medical doctors, and licensed by the state of Arkansas. Willie Parker, MD, our Medical Director has been providing abortion care for years.
Little Rock Family Planning Services is a modern, free standing, out-patient surgical center. We provide abortion care to a wide geographical area including, Texas and Louisiana. Currently, we are the only licensed abortion clinic in the state of Arkansas.
Medical excellence, confidentiality and state-of-the-art women’s health care provided in a SAFE setting with a compassionate and non-judgmental staff. We meet and exceed Clinical Policy Guidelines established by the National Abortion Federation.
To estimate the length of your pregnancy, enter the first day of your last period in the field below, and then press ‘calculate’ to the right of it.
“Uplifting. Encouraging. Professional. Non-Judgmental. Excellent.”
“Thank you so much for getting me through this procedure. You all are awesome.”
“Very helpful, courageous people doing a great service for the community”
“I am very appreciative of the politeness and the accepting atmosphere”
“Love all the employees and doctors. You all made my experience as good as it can be.”